I love dishes that require virtually no prep — no chopping, no dicing, no marinating. If they can be made in one dish, all the better. And well, if they are delicious? I’ll be a fan for life.
This is one of those recipes. While it does require a separate step of boiling some pasta, everything else is done in a casserole dish, and while it’s cheesy, creamy, and delicious, you don’t have to grate or crumble the cheese, or chop the tomatoes. It’s so simple, and so so good.
There are versions of this everywhere, but my version uses three Ava Jane’s Kitchen seasoning blends, a bit of Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil, and has an amazing flavor throughout. You can use whatever kind of pasta you want — I used penne — including healthier versions that like whole wheat or gluten-free varieties.
This is the dinner you put on the table when you want comfort, flavor, and simplicity.
Use this again: This reheats well, and you can top with mozzarella to and bake, or serve for breakfast by adding this to an omelet.
For one or two servings: The recipe can easily be halved — just use a smaller dish and cut your block of cheese in half. Your baking time may be lower, so keep an eye on it.
Store leftovers: Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the feta in a casserole dish and scatter the tomatoesaround it.
- Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with seasonings and put in theoven.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until cheese is browned andtomatoes are softened and lightly blistered.
- About 10 minutes before cheese is done, cook your pasta soit’s hot when you mix it in.
- Remove from oven and stir the pasta and basil.
- Add the pasta, stir, and serve.