I love avocado on a sandwich. It’s got a creamy texture that replaces mayo and is super nutritious. I especially like it with something spicy, so this chicken sandwich is perfection.
The green chili salsa starts with a can of Rotel tomatoes. If you’ve never had them, they are just canned tomatoes with diced green chilis, so this makes them a perfect start for salsa — reduces chopping, and is super delicious!
The chicken breast is seasoned with Costa Verde Mango Chipotle Seasoning, one of the seasoning blends from the Ava Jane’s Kitchen Spice blend. It’s sweet and spicy, with a hint of exotic flavor, and is perfect for this sandwich. From there, cook your chicken however you want — grill or pan fry — and add it to your favorite bun with the avocado and salsa. Super yummy lunch or dinner, done!
Sweet potato fries, rice, and beans, or even just a handful of potato chips are the perfect accompaniment to this sandwich. There are no wrong answers here, and the best part about this sandwich is that it can be made all year round — no need for fresh in-season tomatoes or a grill. If you’re Paleo or gluten-free, this is just as delicious eaten with a knife and fork (and a lot less messy!) and served with your favorite side.
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes drained
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1 jalapeno minced, optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Colima Sea Salt to taste
- 2 chicken chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Costa Verde Mango Chipotle Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 ripe avocado pitted and sliced
- Toasted sandwich buns for serving
- Make the salsa by combining all of the ingredients in a large bowl and stirring well. Set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts with the Costa Verde Mango Chipotle Seasoning. If grilling brush with the avocado oil. If pan frying, heat the oil in a heavy skillet.
- Cook the chicken breasts until done, and put on buns. Top each with the avocado and a spoonful of the salsa. Use any additional salsa for eating with tortilla chips or more sandwiches.
Easy to download PDF: Chicken and Avocado Sandwich with Green Chili Salsa