One of my favorite ways to eat noodles in cold in a salad, with some shredded chicken breast and crunchy nuts like cashews or sunflower seeds.
If you’re trying to watch carbs, however, cold noodles aren’t an option, but noodle like veggies definitely is, and it’s surprisingly delicious. For this recipe, I used thinly sliced cabbage, thinly sliced. bell peppers, and zucchini that were cut into a wide flat noodle using a veggie peeler; no special equipment necessary. Whole green onions also give off a noodle like vibe, along with flavor.
Once you’ve cooked and cooled your chicken, you’ll toss it with a delicious dressing, and either chill or serve room temperature. It makes a healthy and fantastic meal that will keep you full for hours.
- 4 cups cabbage finely shreded
- 1 zucchini cut into flat noodles using a veggie peeler
- 1 bunch green onions bottoms cutoff, left whole
- 2 tbsp cilantro fresh, shopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Put the chicken in acasserole dish and brush with the avocado oil, then sprinkle with the RoadsideChicken seasoning.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken reaches andinternal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Let the chicken cool completely and then shred.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, put the ingredients in a jar and shakeuntil combined. Taste, and adjust seasoning.
- When the chicken is cooled and shredded, add it to the saladbowl. If serving all of it, add the dressing; if serving half, remove half ofthe salad and refrigerate. Toss remaining salad with half the dressing.
- Serve immediately.