There’s something about cold noodles and crunch vegetables on a warm day that is ultra satisfying. This is a good takeout dish, but also surprisingly easy to make at home with a few pantry ingredients.
There are three components to this that make it delicious: Noodles, dressing, garnishes.
For the noodles, I used a box of whole wheat angel hair I had in my pantry. You can use rice noodles for a gluten-free option as well. For the dressing, I made a quick dressing from Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. It’s pungent, savory, and delicious. For garnishes, I sliced some green onions, and rather than sesame seeds which seems more traditional, I sprinkled a bit of Everything Bagel seasoning. It’s got all the right flavor notes — garlic, onion, sesame seeds — and is super crunchy and salty. Perfect for contrast and flavor.
For other additions, you can add any veggies you want. I made this on kind of cleanout pantry day, so only had carrots. But bell peppers, cabbage, or fresh cilantro would all be super delish here. To serve it, it’s best eaten chilled and straight from the fridge, so plan ahead so you have enough time to chill it properly. This also helps the dressing really absorb into the noodles too.
Use this again: You can serve these noodles cold with a fried egg on top for breakfast or add broth for a hot soup. Add any veggies you like to change up the salad.
For one or two servings: Recipe can easily be halved, but makes great leftovers.
Store leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Will keep great for a day or two (and may become more flavorful) but the noodles may become too mushy after that.
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. For wheat noodles, drain and rinse under cold water. For rice noodles, follow the instructions on the package.
- Add the cooled noodles and carrots to a bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl or shake with a jar until well combined. Add to the salad.
- Cover and chill the salad until cold, at least 1 hour.
- Serve the salad straight from the fridge and sprinkle with chopped green onions and Everything Bagel seasoning.