I love one pan dishes that allow you to get both your protein and veggies in at once without a ton of cleanup.
It’s even better when that dish is super crispy chicken thighs, melt in your mouth sweet potato wedges, and chickpeas that have a bit of a crunch. A bold and zesty seasoning adds amazing flavor, so you don’t even realize you’re eating something healthy. It’s the best kind of dinner.
The key to this dish is getting everything nice and crispy in the pan, and then finishing in the oven so you’re left with juicy chicken and perfectly cooked potatoes. You can use skin on chicken thighs, or boneless skinless, whichever you like.
All in all, this is an easy weeknight dinner that feels like something made for the weekend.
Use this again: You could easily serve this over a green salad or add it to a wrap.
For one or two servings: Recipe can be easily doubled, or even halved.
Store leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three
Crispy Chicken Thighs with Sweet Potatoes and ChickpeasPrint Pin Rate
- 10 ounces chicken thighs
- 2 tsp Ava Jane’s Kitchen Sayulita Steak and Veg spice blend
- 2 tbsp Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into rounds
- ½ cup chickpeas drained and dried well with paper towels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Season the chicken thighs with the Sayulita Steak and Veg spice blend.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet to medium high heat. Add one tablespoon of oil, and when it shimmers, add the chicken.
- Cook until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the pan
- Add the vinegar to the pan and scrape any browned bits.
- Add the remaining oil, followed by the sweet potatoes and chickpeas.
- Cook until browned and turn off heat.
- Nestle the chicken in the pan and put in the oven.
- Bake until chicken reaches 165 degrees F, and potatoes are tender.
- Serve immediately.