I love bite sized foods, and not just at parties. Sometimes, I’ll make easy things like these cucumber bites and just eat them for dinner. Add a salad or some bread, and it’s the perfect meal.
These are composed three parts — the crisp cucumber slices, the lemony smashed avocado, and the shrimp sautéed in an amazing seasoning blend to add flavor and flair.
The hardest part of this is cooking the shrimp, and to be honest, it’s pretty easy. Just add some Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil to a pan, season it with Sayulita Steak and Veg Seasoning (which is amazing with cucumbers by the way!) and cook till pink. Easy.
Then add a piece of shrimp to the avocado topped cucumber. You get everything in one bite — crisp and cool, creamy and citrusy, and bold and zesty.
Make these the next time you have people over, or just eat them for lunch. Either way, they’ll be a hit.
- Lay the cucumber slices on a plate or platter.
- Mash the avocado with the lemon and add a pinch of Colima Sea Salt.
- Spoon the avocado onto the cucumber slices.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the shrimp,followed by the seasoning.
- Cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side until pink.
- Let cool for a few minutes and add a shrimp to each cucumber slice.