If you’ve ever grilled fish before, then you know it can go wrong quickly. Once it sticks to the grill, it’s hard to have an enjoyable meal after that.
Luckily, with a single piece of foil, you can avoid all of that. And easily add some veggies all in one to make dinner a breeze.
I’ve made all kinds of foil packs, and the one thing I’ve learned is that seasoning is key to a delicious dinner. Since you don’t get the charring from the hot grill grates, you need to be sure your pack is of seasoning.
In this case, I used two simple things to get amazing flavor — sliced lemons, and an amazing seasoning blend from Ava Jane’s Kitchen, Sayulita Steak and Veg. This bold blend is perfect for the richness of salmon and dresses the veggies well. A drizzle of Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil adds a touch more flavor.
For the veggies, I used green beans, baby potatoes, and cherry tomatoes and it turned out delicious. And since everything cooked in a nice little pack, you can customize each pack, and there’s very little cleanup. That’s what I call a dinner win.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium high heat.
- Lay two pieces of aluminum foil on a flat surface. Place a salmon filet in the center and top each with a few lemon slices. Tuck the vegetables around the fish and season each with a teaspoon of the seasoning blend. Drizzle with a tablespoon of oil.
- Fold the foil around the salmon and pinch it shut tightly, using another piece if necessary to enclose the ingredients.
- Put the foil packs on the grill and cover. Cook until thes almon is cooked through and veggies are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Be careful when opening, as some steam may release from the foil packs.
- Serve immediately.