I love contrast when it comes to food — sweet and salty, crunchy and soft, and in this case, sweet and savory and spicy. Oh and crispy and sticky.
The sweet and sticky comes from Ava Jane’s Kitchen’s Yucatan Honey, which is one of the best honeys I’ve had. It’s earthy and floral, but still full of honey flavor. It’s perfect for baked goods, but also in dishes like this honey garlic chicken.
This recipe is pretty easy and requires little prep or cleanup. It starts with Hot Roasted Garlic, which is where the heat comes in. It ends with a honey garlic sauce that is thickened to a sticky glaze that is delicious with rice and stir-fried veggies.
Use this again: Add to lettuce wraps and top with toasted cashews or shred and add to a cabbage salad.
For one or two servings: Recipe can be easily halved or doubled.
Store leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Put the chicken in a medium bowl and add the cornstarch andHot Roasted Garlic. Stir to coat the chicken and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the honey, vinegar, soy sauce,ginger, and garlic until combined.
- Heat the avocado oil in a skillet and add the green onions,followed by the chicken. Cook until chicken releases easily from the pan andflip.
- Pour the honey sauce in the pan and let cook until thickened.
- Continue cooking until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve over rice.