It’s almost grilling season here! We’re not quite at the point where you can plan to grill out, but nice days call for impromptu cookouts sometimes.
And grilling seasoning means marinades. Like this one. It’s a bit sweet, a bit spicy. Kinda tangy. It’s full of flavor and is delicious on chicken breasts.
It starts with Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil, as all good marinades do. From there, I added some orange — both juice and zest — to give it a bit of tang. A dash of Hot Roasted. Garlic, some ginger, and of course fresh garlic because what kind of marinade doesn’t have garlic?
To bring it all together, I added a bit of Yucatan Honey. This floral, full-bodied honey is amazing at adding sweetness to balance everything out, but also adding a bit of its own thing. You’ll see when you try it. It’s my favorite honey.
- 1/2 cup Ava Jane's Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 oranges juice and zest
- 1/2 tsp Hot Roasted Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ava Jane's Kitchen Yucatan Honey
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- Sesame seeds and sliced green onions to serve, optional
- Combine the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, oranges, Hot Roasted Garlic, and honey in a bowl and whisk well.
- Add the chicken to a plastic bag or casserole dish and pour the marinade overtop to cover the chicken.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium high heat.
- Grill the chicken until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees before serving.