Two things I’m big fans of — roasted broccoli and nuts in just about everything.
So why not both? There is no reason I found after making this easy side dish.
Roasted broccoli is an amazing side on its own. I like broccoli in just about all forms, but something magical happens when you put it on a pan and roast it in a high heat oven.
I used two seasonings here — Roadside Chicken and Hot Roasted Garlic — to give it depth of flavor and a little heat. Some Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil makes it sizzle, and orange juice at the end gives it a zip.
You can use roasted or raw cashews here. If they’re raw, you can roast them with the broccoli; if roasted, just add them to the end. Either way, they add necessary crunch and flavor to this easy and tasty side dish.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tsp Ava Jane's Kitchen Roadside Chicken spice blend
- 1/2 tsp Ava Jane's Kitchen Hot Roasted Garlic spice blend
- 2 tbsp Ava Jane's Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1/2 cup roasted or raw cashews
- 1 Juice of orange
- Colima Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss then broccoli with the seasonings and the oil and add it to a sheet pan.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, until broccoli is tender and lightly charred.
- If cashews are raw, add them to the pan during the last 10minutes of roasting. Otherwise, add them at the end.
- When broccoli is done, drizzle with the orange juice and season with Colima Sea Salt.
- Serve immediately.
I too am a broccoli roasted but with cashews… awesome!!!!