My favorite kind of recipe is one that requires very little prep, is delicious, and fairly high on the nutritional scale (this one is keto!) Not many recipes meet all three of these requirements — you usually have to give up at least one — but sometimes a miracle happens, and you’ve found a new favorite.
This is such a recipe. It meets those requirements, plus — and this is a big bonus — it’s fast. I’m not talking a recipe that says 30 minutes, but is actually 45 because you have to chop a bunch of stuff, or precook something. This recipe can literally be on the table in 15 minutes.
There are two keys to this — one is the shrimp. Shrimp is a quick cooking protein that goes with just about anything. Number two is pre-chopped cauliflower rice. I’m not talking about the frozen kind. Don’t use that here. The kind that you find in the produce section. If you’re someone that has swapped rice for cauliflower during the last few years, this is a lifesaver. You can of course, make your own riced cauliflower in a food processor, but it’s a chore and an extra step. If you don’t mind that step, then by all means, go ahead. But that will add about 10 minutes to your prep time. Still a fast meal, but there’s cleanup.
With those two things, you literally toss them in a bag with some seasonings, a few cherry tomatoes, and Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil, spread on a sheet pan and roast on high heat for about 10 minutes. Dinner, done. You can thank me later.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Put the shrimp in a gallon size freezer bag. Add the remaining ingredients. Shake until everything is good and coated.
- Spread this on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until shrimp is pink and tomatoes are slightly blistered.
- Remove, sprinkle with Parmesan and serve over cauliflower rice.