One pan dinners are my favorite thing. Especially when they are delicious and healthy.
Chicken thighs are moist and delicious, while surrounded by perfectly roasted vegetables.
For this dish, I chose heartier veggies like sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts, because they stand up to the heat well, but also because these in particular are so good when roasted. Sweet potatoes turn tender and sweet, while Brussels sprouts have a pungent, slightly bitter taste that compliments the whole dish. Some walnuts are thrown in at the end add a nice crunch.
From there, all you need is a good seasoning — in this case Ava Jane’s Kitchen’s Everyday Blend — and some Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil.
Everything comes together easily for a delicious, no clean up dinner.
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts cored and halved
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 4 tablespoons Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 tablespoon Ava Jane’s Kitchen Everyday Blend
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the chicken thighs in the center of a large sheet pan.
- Spread the veggies around it.
- Drizzle with the oil and seasoning.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes, stirring the vegetables about halfway through.
- Cook until chicken reaches 165 degrees F and veggies are charred and tender.
- Stir in the walnuts and serve.