Craving the nostalgic taste of pumpkin pie, yet don’t have the ingredients to bake one? This rice pudding has you covered. It’s rich, creamy, and layered with pumpkin and spice, so it hits your fall cravings just right. Grab a bowl and cuddle up in front of the fire (before grabbing seconds!).
- 5 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 1/2 cups almond or other non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup Ava Jane's Kitchen Yucatan Honey
- 1/4 tsp Colima Sea Salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Ava Jane's Kitchen Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Ava Jane's Caramelized Cacao Beans, chocolate chips, coconut and/or dried fruit for topping
- Add the pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, coconut cream, almond milk, salt, and honey to a large saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add in the cooked rice. Continue to simmer, stirring frequently, until the ricepudding has thickened and become very creamy (roughly 10-12 minutes).
- Remove from heatand stir in the Ava Jane's Kitchen Pumpkin Pie Spice and vanilla extract.
- Spoon into bowlsand serve with desired toppings
Calories: 509kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 375mg | Potassium: 370mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 4767IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 228mg | Iron: 3mg
Coconut sugar, coconut cream and almond milk are things I usually do not keep on hand. To make this I would have to make a special trip to the store. I do always have a can of coconut milk. Can I use that and regular cane sugar?
Are the 213g of carbs listed under nutrition correct? That is super high if it is!
Good catch Connie! The nutrtion calculation mistakenly used uncooked brown rice, not cooked. The info has been updated and reduced to 89 carbs per serving. Thank!