I never liked mushrooms when I was younger. I never understood the appeal because I had only ever had the rubbery, slimy, canned ones that you usually find on pizza or in bad pasta dishes. Blech.
But real mushrooms that are roasted until browned? I’ll eat them any and every day.
These are pretty simple —button mushrooms, coated in Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil and Everyday seasoning blend and roasted until browned.
You can eat them as an appetizer or snack, chop them and add to salad or pasta, or combine them with some steamed green beans for a healthy side dish. Either way, they will give you a new appreciation for mushrooms.
- 12 button mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ava Jane’s Kitchen Everyday Blend seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the mushroom caps with the oil and seasoning.
- Spread the caps on a baking sheet, leaving an inch of space between each one.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes, remove and flip.
- Continue roasting until mushrooms are browned, about 10 more minutes.
- Eat as is or chop and add to whatever you’d like.