I feel like I am doing dishes pretty much non stop all day everyday. So when I can make dinner with virtually no cleanup, you better believe I am all over that.
Sheet pan dinners are the best for that, and when you can prep most things in advance, as in this case, it’s even better.
Fried rice can be tricky, but it’s not terribly difficult once you know the secret — cooked, cooled rice, preferably that has been cooked a day in advance. You can use white or brown, whichever you prefer. So if you’re making rice for dinner, make extra so you can make this the next day. Frozen veggies like a mixed bag of peas and carrots are perfect for this, leaving little to no prep work. You can add other veggies if you’d like, just make sure you chop them into small pieces so they cook fast, or steam them in advance.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tsp Ava Jane's Kitchen Citrus Salt & Pepper spice blend
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Ava Jane's Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups cooked and cooled rice white or brown
- 1/4 cup diced scallions
- 2 eggs beaten
- For serving: additional scallions and soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Add the chicken,seasoning, and avocado oil. Stir to coat.
- Bake for 5 minutes and remove from oven.
- Add rice, vegetables, scallions, and eggs. Toss tocoat.
- Bake again for 10-15 minutes, until chicken is cookedthrough, and rice is browned and crisp.
- Serve immediately.