It’s been awhile since I’ve been to a steakhouse, but one of my favorite meals was always a nice juicy steak with a baked sweet potato on the side. Something about the combo of rich and savory beef with the tender sweet potato is just sublime.
This recipe is a riff on that. It has all the same flavor profiles, but with a bit of an upgrade. A few sliced jalapenos add heat and grassiness, while Los Muertos Barbecue seasoning blend gives it a bold and zesty taste that compliments both the steak and potatoes.
While you could cube the potatoes, one of the things I was going for here was quick cooking, so instead julienned them into noodles. This way, they cook in a few minutes, and have a slight crunch when you bite into them, which contrasts nicely with the tenderness from the beef. It’s an amazingly fast dinner, and one that can easily become a weeknight staple.
- spiral slicer or a julienne peeler
- In a heavy skillet, heat the oil to medium high heat. Add the steak and seasoning, cook until done to your liking and remove from pan.
- Add the jalapeno and sweet potato noodles. Stir and cook forabout 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add the lime juice.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with the steak.