Breakfast can typically go one of two ways for me. Either grabbing a doughnut/bagel/muffin, or taking the time to make something healthy.
For a healthy option, it must be pretty quick and easy to work. Because the doughnut is not only delicious but requires nothing of me.
So I’m always trying to come up with things that can happen fast. Because while everyone loves a long leisurely breakfast (or any meal, really) most days that’s just not feasible. But you do have to eat every day.
So this one is perfect for that, especially if you can do a little prep when you’re making dinner the night before. Then, it takes, literally 10 minutes from the minute you start to when you’re eating. My kind of breakfast.
Of course, if it doesn’t taste good, it doesn’t fly either. Which is why a killer seasoning brings it all together. I used Blackened Fish, a blend that is robust and spicy and pairs perfectly with the sweet potatoes. You can add a side of bacon or breakfast sausage for more protein if you’d like.
- 2 tbsp Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups shredded sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp Ava Jane's Kitchen Blackened Fish spice blend
- 4 eggs
- Colima Sea Salt to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and sweet potatoes and stir and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the seasoning and cook for another minute.
- Make 4 wells in the potatoes and crack an egg in each one. Cover and let cook until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Serve immediately.
Looks delish. Just wondering where you find shredded sweet potatoes or how do you make them at home? Thanks.
I just shredded mine on a box grater, but you could also use a food processor shredding blade if you have one.