I don’t think I’ve ever gone out to breakfast or brunch without ordering a side of home fries or hashed browns. There’s something about those salty, crispy potatoes that goes along with any breakfast dish.
I often make them at home if I’m making a big breakfast, but the last time, I realized I didn’t have any white potatoes, only a couple sweet potatoes. Can you make home fries with sweet potatoes? Would they be good? I guess I would find out.
These are made pretty much like regular home fries. Oh, except they have bacon. And a bold and zesty seasoning from Ava Jane’s Kitchen — Sayulita Steak and Veg. I felt like the sweet potatoes needed something to contrast the sweet, and the combo of onions, bacon, and Steak and Veg was perfect.
Use this again: These would be delicious added to a salad or put in a wrap with some chicken and veggies.
For one or two servings: Recipe can easily be halved or doubled
Store leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Heat a medium skillet to medium and cook the bacon until almost crisp.
- Remove from pan.
- Add the oil to the pan, then add the sweet potatoes in a single layer.
- Let cook for 4-5 minutes without moving so the potatoes get good and browned.
- Stir, add the onion and seasoning, and continue cooking until potatoes are softened and browned.
- Add the bacon back to the pan and continue cooking until heated through.
- Serve immediately.