As the end of summer nears, I find myself making tomato salads every other day it seems. It’s because once they are gone for the season, it’s back to canned tomatoes. Which are fine for some things, but not a salad.
This salad is beautifully perfect. Summer tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions are tossed with a quick dressing and lots of feta, and a restrained amount of green olives for good measure. It’s surprisingly simple, so delicious, and so perfect for lunch, as a dinner side, or for last-minute barbecues.
I like to use a variety of tomatoes for this salad, but make no mistake — any tomato will do as long as it’s one that was grown as it should be. This salad is only as good as the tomatoes — if you can’t get the best, make something else and thank me later.
- 1/4 cup Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Ava Jane’s Kitchen Citrus Salt & Pepper
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes any variety
- 1 medium cucumber sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 4 ounces feta crumbled
- 1/2 cup halved green olives
- Put the oil, lemon, garlic and seasoning in a large bowl.
- Whisk until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well coated.
- Serve immediately.
Made this today and it is very good and tasty!