The season of pumpkin has arrived … and while you probably don’t have a shortage of traditional recipes to incorporate this fall favorite into, we’re urging you to not skip this one.
This vegan and gluten free pumpkin cheesecake with salted coconut whipped cream only tastes like an indulgence. In reality, it’s packed with antioxidant-rich pumpkin, natural, mineral-rich sugars, and healthy fats.
If you need a Thanksgiving dessert that will wow even the pickiest family member, be sure to add this one to the yearly list.
Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake with Salted Coconut Whipped CreamPrint Pin Rate
- 8 inch Pie Pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed + 4 tbsp water
- 1 cup cocunut flour
- 1 tbsp Ava Jane's Kitchen Yucatan Honey
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
Salted Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 cup canned coconut cream refrigerated overnight
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Colima Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cut a circleof parchment paper to fit the bottom of an 8 inch round baking pan, and also line the sides with a strip of parchment so the cake won't stick to the pan.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons ground flax seed with 4 tablespoons cold water. Whisk until combined and place in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, honey, water and coconut oil until combined.
- Add the gelled flax and mix until a soft, crumbly dough forms. The dough should stick together when clumped.
- Add dough to your pie plate and press down into the bottom and sides of the pan evenly.
- Add all of the ingredients for the cheesecake to a food processor or blender and blend until as smooth as possible stopping to scrape the sides as needed.
- Pour the mixture over top of the crust and spread evenly. Bake for 25 - 35 minutes until the edges begin to appear dry. Let cool at room temperature, then transfer to the fridge and chill uncovered for a minimum of 4 hours or over nightuntil set.
- When ready to serve, open canned coconut milk and scoop out the hardened coconut cream at the top of the can, discarding the liquid.
- Add maple syrup and sea salt to the coconut cream and whisk until smooth and fluffy. Spread on top of the cheesecake and add a dash of cinnamon, if desired.