Breakfast is a different kinda meal on a weekday than on weekends.
A lazy Sunday morning might mean homemade pancakes or waffles with all the fixings. On Monday, our gears shift and we become busy and in a hurry. Sunday is waffles, and Monday is coffee in a to-go cup with a banana if you remember to grab it on your way out the door.
While this breakfast sandwich takes a little more time than grabbing a banana, by taking a few more minutes, you can have something delicious, easy, and substantial.
This sandwich gets its robust flavor from Ava Jane’s Kitchen’s Everyday Blend seasoning. It’s bold and peppery and the perfect blend for eggs.
While your eggs are cooking, toast some bread, throw it all together and you’re good to go.
- 4 pieces toasted bread
- 2 slices cheese of your choice
- 1 teaspoon Everyday Spice Blend
- 2 tablespoons Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 ripe avocado pitted and mashed
- 1 handful baby spinach or arugula
- Lay the slice bread on two plates. Add a slice a cheese to each sandwich and sprinkle with the Everyday Spice Blend.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium low heat. Add the oil, followed by the eggs. While the eggs are cooking, slowly and gently scramble with a spatula until you have soft curds. When the eggs are all set, immediately turn off the heat. Scoop the hot eggs over the cheese on the sandwich so the cheese begins to melt.
- Mash the avocado slightly and spread on the other side of the bread. Top the eggs with the arugula and serve.
Very easy. Very good with a pinch of your special Mexican salt.