As it starts getting colder during the year, my cooking habits change. When it’s warm, I want to go out. Maybe sit on a patio, go to a festival, or just be out and about enjoying the sunshine.
When it’s cold, I stay in. Which means cooking more. Unfortunately, the cold also comes with the holidays which are usually a busier time of year for everyone. So cooking long, drawn out meals every night becomes a chore more than anything.
Because of this I keep a steady supply of recipes in my back pocket which rely on cooking, but almost no cooking if you get what I’m saying. The kind where you really only need a few ingredients that you always have on hand, but are still delicious and satisfying enough to keep from ordering takeout.
This angel hair pasta one of those recipes. I’ve made lots of different versions of this, but my favorite one uses whole wheat pasta, Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil and Hot Roasted Garlic as the seasoning. The Hot Roasted Garlic makes it super easy and flavorful because it means I don’t even have to chop any real garlic. I mean, you can. But you don’t have to.
There are lots of things you can add to this if you want. Parmesan. Fresh Garlic. Onions. Herbs. Sautéed vegetables. Lemon. But you truly don’t have to. Just make sure your pasta water is super salted or it will be bland, which is not good. I typically use whole wheat pasta because it’s more filling, but white works fine too if that’s your thing. This is really good with crusty bread and a glass of white wine after a long day. It’s one of my favorite cold weather comfort meals.
Whole Wheat Angel Hair with Hot Roasted Garlic and Avocado OilPrint Pin Rate
- Bring a large pot of well salted water to boil. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package until it is al dente. Drain well.
- In a deep skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add Hot Roasted Garlic to the skillet and cook for about a minute until fragrant.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and toss well with a pair of tongs until the pasta is well coated with the oil and seasoning.
- Transfer to bowls or plates and serve immediately.