Meatballs are often thought of as a meal that goes with marinara, but my favorite way to eat them is as an appetizer or snack. Especially when made with lots of flavorful ingredients like herbs, cheese, and Sayulita Steak and Veg seasoning blend.
These meatballs are also made with ground turkey, because it gives you a meatball that is a bit moist and tender. Perfect for meatballs that are not drowned in marinara sauce.
You can of course serve these with your favorite sauce, or over rice or with veggies for a meal. You could also add them to a bun for a sandwich. However you want to eat them, they will be delicious.
Use this again: Eat these with veggies, rice, or your favorite side dish. Stuff into a pita or form the mixture into larger patties and make burgers.
For one or two servings: Can easily be halved; use the whole egg and add another tablespoon or two of cheese if mixture seems too wet.
Store leftovers: These can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. They also freeze really well; you can even freeze them before cooking — simply place on baking sheet, freeze and then transfer to a freezer bag or airtight container. You can bake from frozen, just add a few more minutes to the baking time.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the turkey, cheese, egg, herbs, and Ava Jane's Kitchen Sayulita Steak & Veg in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Using a cooking scoop or spoon, form the mixture into 2-inchmeatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the meatballs with avocado oil and bake for 15-17minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- Skewer with toothpicks or serve alongside your favorite sides.