Chicken salad is a fan favorite lunch option, for many reasons. It’s a great way to use up leftover chicken, and it’s also super easy to put together. But, the same combo of mayo, celery, and onion can get boring after a while.
That’s where recipes like this come in. It’s just as easy as the traditional kind but gets a punch of flavor from mustard and sweetness from Yucatan Honey. Some sunflower seeds and cranberries add texture and a bit of tartness to balance it out.
For seasoning, I mixed in some Colima Sea Salt since this doesn’t really need a lot of additional seasoning. Turned out perfect.
It’s also less mayo-heavy, which for a lot of people (me!) is a deal-breaker for composed salads like this. It’s perfect for a sandwich, over some greens, or just eaten on its own when you want a quick lunch.
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Ava Jane’s Kitchen Yucatan Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Ava Jane’s Kitchen Colima Sea Salt
- 2 cups cooked and cubed chicken breast
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt, mayo, mustard, honey, and salt until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until mixed well.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Use this again: Serve this over whole wheat bread, on crackers, or on a bed of greens. For one or two servings: Recipe can easily be halved or doubled. Store leftovers: Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 193mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 54IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg