It took me a while to get sold on the idea of an Instant Pot, but now that I have one, I’m not looking back. It’s easy to use, and perfect for fall and winter soups and stews. One of my favorite soups is potato soup. While there are lots of different options, my favorite is a thick, creamy soup loaded with cheese and finished with sour cream with some crusty bread on the side. I know it’s not the most nutritionally sound option, but it’s comforting on a chilly night.
Since I often drizzle hot sauce on my potato soup, I thought I could make a version with the heat cooked right in, and that’s where the Hot Roasted Garlic comes in. One of my favorite seasoning blends from Ava Jane’s Kitchen, it’s a ramped up version of red pepper flakes. It’s hot, but not so much that all you can taste is heat — the mellow roasted garlic rounds it out beautifully. I love using it on potatoes, so it only makes sense that it would be good in potato soup.
There’s not much to this soup, and since it’s all made right in your Instant Pot, there’s no guesswork, and virtually no cleanup.
Easy to Download PDF: Instant Pot Hot Roasted Garlic Potato Soup
- 1 tablespoon Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Hot Roasted Garlic seasoning
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups cubed potatoes about 3 medium
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch sliced green onions
- To serve: bread croutons, additional cheese, green onions, bacon bits, etc.
- Using the saute setting on your Instant Pot, heat the oil and butter until butter is melted. Add the Hot Roasted Garlic and the flour and stir and cook for about about a minute. Add the potatoes and broth and put the lid on. Set the pressure cook setting to 8 minutes.
- When done, release the pressure, and remove the lid. Add the milk and mash with a potato masher until creamy.
- Stir in theaj cheese, sour cream, and green onions.
- Serve topped with desired garnishments and a sprinkling of Hot Roasted Garlic.