Serve this veggie-filled quiche with a buttery, grain-free crust when it’s your turn to host brunch!
This rich and comforting breakfast recipe is about to be a hit in your home. It’s stuffed with hearty veggies like mushrooms, spinach, and leeks, then seasoned with a couple teaspoons of Ava Jane’s Everyday Blend of herbs to effortlessly tie the whole quiche together!
No need to buy store-bought crust with questionable ingredients. This five-ingredient crust is made with a blend of almond flour and cassava, and will be your new go-to for filling with sweet and savory ingredients alike. Cassava flour is light and airy, and blanched almond flour is fluffy and nutty (and it makes some pretty delicious recipes by itself, too!). When combined, you get a fine, buttery crust ideal for the base of any quiche or pie.
Try using this grain-free crust the next time you bake up any of these awesome pies:
Key lime pie
The inside of the quiche is full of tender mushrooms and aromatic leeks, with fresh spinach leaves throughout. These veggies are chock-full of nutrients, and you’ll get a solid dose of vitamins D, C, and K, calcium, manganese, and fiber.
Add any of these veggies for a new quiche every time:
Sliced cherry tomatoes
Diced bell peppers
To start, preheat the oven to 350ºF. Heat the avocado oil in a skillet and add the mushrooms and leeks. Sauté for 5 minutes, then stir in the spinach and cook until just barely wilted. Remove the pan from the heat while preparing the crust.
To make the crust, combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well to form a moist dough. Pour the dough into a pie pan and set aside. Next, whisk the eggs with Ava Jane’s Everyday Blend and stir in the sautéed vegetables. Pour the egg mixture over the pie dough and bake for 50 minutes or until the crust is golden and the center is cooked through. Let it cool for 10 minutes, then slice it up and enjoy!
Tip: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
Prep time- 15 minutes
Cook time- 1 hour
Total time- 1 hour, 15 minutes
2 medium mixing bowls
9-inch round pie pan
For the Filling:
2 cups sliced white button mushrooms
1 cup leeks, thinly sliced
2 cups fresh spinach
8 large pasture-raised eggs
For the Crust:
2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup cassava flour
1 large pasture-raised egg at room temperature
1/2 cup melted unsalted grass-fed butter +1 teaspoon for greasing
1/4 t sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat, then add mushrooms and leeks. Sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook for 2 minutes, then remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for the crust in a bowl and stir well to form a moist dough. Pour the dough into a pie pan and press down with your fingers to create the crust.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and the spice blend. Stir in the sautéed vegetables.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the center is cooked through.
- Allow the quiche to cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
Easy to download PDF: Mushroom Spinach and Leek quiche