Spring is finally here, but it’s still early so the abundance of fresh, local produce has not quite arrived.
Even though it’s chilly, a little bit of sunshine makes me want to eat fresh food instead of the hearty stews and braises that dominate the colder months.
This omelet is my compromise. Full of veggies and herbs, it’s deliciously fresh and a few dollops of ricotta take it up a notch while helping to cut the heat of the peppers.
I used three types of peppers here — bell peppers, jalapeños, and habaneros — but you can use what you like or have. The habaneros make it especially hot, so be careful if you don’t like tons of heat.
Some red onions add some bite, while Ava Jane’s Kitchen’s Citrus Salt & Pepper seasons it perfectly. Great for a lazy morning healthy breakfast.
- 1 tablespoon Ava Jane’s Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Ava Jane’s Kitchen Citrus Salt & Pepper
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup sliced hot peppers any variety
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- Colima Sea Salt to taste
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a non-stick skillet.
- Add the spinach, bell pepper, and Citrus Salt & Pepper. Stir and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Add the eggs and cook for a minute until the edges are set. Lift the edges carefully and let the liquid flow underneath the edges.
- When eggs are cooked, top with hot peppers, onions, and parsley. Dollop with the ricotta.
- Serve immediately.